Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our Olney Cub!!!

Fall is here, and so is football season! I love this time of the year!! Cooler weather, for the most part, lots of yelling, popcorn, road trips, and watching my youngest son play football for the first time. WOW! I know that the season started 3 weeks ago, and I'm a little slow getting this blog up to date, but I plan on making up for my tardiness tonight. HOLD ON!!!


I do have to admit that I was nervous about the first game. I kept telling everyone that I would be the mom trying to video with my eyes shut -- but I'm not that mom after all! I do video all the games though, and even though it sounds strange, it's hard to watch the game while you're videoing. I know...weird. I miss a lot of the action, but OF COURSE we watch it again when we get home so I can catch up on the game at that time. :-) I do find on the videos that I yell and talk a lot though!! Imagine that...


Below are just a FEW of the pictures I've taken during Cody's first 3 games, not in any sort of order.


This shot is of the 7th grade's game tonight, Sept. 23, against Holliday. "A GAME THAT WILL LIVE ON IN HISTORY!" Our guys actually won their first game!!!!!!! They beat Holliday 22-6 and it was so great to see their little faces light up! To beat anyone is a feat, but to beat Holliday is just magical!! And Cody and I were so blessed tonight to have Dad drive up from Abilene to go with me to the game. Jeff had to go to Austin this week, so he missed the big win, but I have it on VIDEO!

Cody is #52. He played left tackle on offense tonight. (He's on the far left of this picture on the end. You can see the 2 on his jersey.) Last week he got to follow in Justin's footsteps and played center for most of the game. A few snaps were a little high for our much shorter quarterback, but Cody did a great job!

Had to have an after game picture with Mom. See the joy on his face after beating Holliday?!?! Not to mention the joy on mine.
Here I am in my CUBS jersey with my "Cody's Mom" necklace that Jami made me. Get lots of compliments on that necklace!! She's just great.

Here's a little better close-up view of my Mom necklace. Cute, huh?!


Here is another one of the Holliday game that Dad took. Cody's out there somewhere!



Water break!


This one is from their first game in Windthorst. (#52 - white shirt hanging out. He's so much like Steven in that manner.)


Homecoming parade. Jeff drove the lead fire truck and I got to play with the lights and the sirens. That was more fun than being a homecoming queen nominee! They only get to ride and wave. I got to ride, wave, and make LOTS of noise!



Cody got to ride in the parade on the varsity team's float. He is a manager for them, and was really excited about getting to ride with the "big guys." He looks up to quite a few of them, and I'm glad he has some positive role models to learn from.


Here's a close up look at my Olney Cubs necklace (Jami made this one too. She is sooooo talented!) Now I have a necklace that tells me where I live, and one that tells me who's mom I am in case I ever forget or get lost.


Looks like it's going to be a fun season, win or lose. Cody is having a blast playing football, and Jeff and I are having a blast watching him. If you find yourself with nothing to do on a Thursday night for the next 6 or so weeks, let us know and we'll be happy to tell you at what field you can come and find us. Cody would be tickled to have you there too!! I AM OLNEY!! Go Cubs!












2 comments:

Jami said...

Woo-hoo! I cannot WAIT to come see him play! Guess I'll have to make me a "Cody's Aunt" necklace. :-)

Joey said...

I love beating HOLLIDAY!!!! Hate the Eagles... yes, I know, hate is a strong word, but here, it fits!

Go Cody!