Sunday, November 14, 2010

From the Field to the Hoops

Wow! Where has the time gone! Seems like just yesterday Cody started playing his first year of football as an Olney Cub, and now we're into basketball! Yea, yea, I know I haven't blogged since then either.


Anyway, he found out Thursday morning that he made the "A" team, which is great! He hasn't played basketball in a couple of years, so Jeff and I were really anxious to see how he would do. He's got the height, but not quite the speed yet, or so we thought... VERY IMPRESSIVE! (and I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom. 8-) He played a majority of the 4 periods, and handled the ball really well. AND, he didn't foul out. Used 4 of his 5 fouls... :-)
(Please ignore the dates on the pictures. Forgot to take it off my camera. This really was last week and not 6 years ago...)




Relaxing before the game and watching the "B" team play. Wouldn't want to get too stressed out now would we?





Cody is #32. Here he is going for a lay-up. (This was in warm-up, but does that really matter?)





Action shot!! Cody in motion! Still, very impressed with his quickness.




Cody and Kolton taking a little breather. Whew! He said, "Mom, when coach took me out I was sweating so much! My arms even had sweat coming out of them! I think I overhydrated myself." 8-) God love him!!


Anyway, if you find yourself on a Monday night with nothing to do, give me a shout and I'll be glad to tell you where we're playing ball that week. No games back to the west where we played football though. SORRY! But well worth the drive to where ever you'd have to go to watch this very sweet boy play basketball!! GO CUBS!! GO #32!!

1 comments:

Jami said...

Woo-hoo! Way to go Cody! Can't believe it is basketball season already either.

At least that "Cody's Mom" necklace will work for all sports, huh?!

Go #32! We're still cheering for ya from Snyder!